Sunday, September 28, 2008

Yin Yoga

While Sarah was checking out Jason Crandell's podcasts, I was doing yin yoga with a Paul Grilley video.  We're doing our homework to prepare for the Crib!  

I love his video because I can do it anytime, no matter what my energy level is.  In fact, I usually do it when I would normally take a nap.  It's a lot like taking a nap, only more refreshing and in weirder positions.  I love how casual it is but yet it offers so much time in each pose that inevitably I come into some consciousness of my own body and how it shifts and responds to the poses like a conversation.  

Discovered the fabulous cat-tail pose, which satisfied the same desire for juicy backbending that wheel does.  Now I don't have to go up into wheel all the time.  

My mom even got down on the floor with me and did part of the video.  So that was neat.    


1 comment:

FrenchToast said...

you are going to the crib?!?! i will buy my ticket TODAY