Monday, September 22, 2008

Reporting My Practice

A late evening practice.  

Upavista Konasana (wide-legged forward fold)
Badha Konasana (butterfly)
Upavista Konasana (the most comfortable one of my life)
forward splits (at least i tried)
side splits (again, just an attempt)
forward splits other side (got more mileage out of the yin dragon pose)
frog
child's pose
cat-cow
eye of the needle twist
child's pose
ended in crocodile, felt like an upside down savasana

Observations:  I had only planned to do one pose--upavista konasana.  (amber's one-pose-at-a-time theory helped me get started) but the poses themselves often guide me to do more once I'm in them.  I was surprised by how much heat some of these slow but deep poses created; I felt it rising all the way into my face.  

When will blogger add a sanskrit spellchecker?  

No comments: