Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Studio Om Again

I haven't done ANY yoga since my last post, a week ago!  Tonight I returned to Studio Om, stiff, tired, and desperate for yoga.  

It never ceases to amaze and delight me how many new things there are to discover in yoga.  I'd never tried a King Cobra.  I'd never walked my hands closer to my feet before pushing into urdvha danurasana (upward facing bow).  I'd never known that the pose that last week I didn't know the name of is called lizard and the direction it's heading is to put the crown of your head on the floor.  

I felt so grateful for Stephie and all the yoga teachers of the world who have created a space where we can go and actually have a chance at forgetting the things that are stressing us.  She opened class with a restorative matsyasana (fish), and I could feel my heart rising up and opening as the rest of my body at last sank heavy into gravity's pull, freed from the dramas of the week.

No comments: