Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy 2011, Yogery! As I write this, the new year has already brought sunshine and fresh made friends. I haven't made any resolutions this year, and I don't know if I will. Here's what I know: if you make one cake this year, I hope it's that one up there. Zen Muffin posted the recipe earlier--it's the cardamom cake with butter rum drizzle. Yes, it looks like a giant donut, but it tastes a million times better than anything you'll find at Krispy Kreme. My rum butter drizzle is on the bottom of this cake--it's more of a burnt caramel rum sauce, and it's delicious.

So no big resolutions for me, but lots to look forward to. Close friends are returning to Shanghai, bringing along their new baby daughter with them. A trip to Thailand in a few days--ahh! I am venturing into the sweet world of momma and baby yoga for the first time--a truly awesome experience.

I suppose I'd be lying if I didn't mention I do have one yoga specific goal this year: Eight Angle Pose. Casey's got me working on the prep, nice and easy, and I'll be damned if I can't get it by this time next year!

Happy new year! Tell me your plans and resolutions!

2 comments:

Marnie said...

Happy 2011!! I have no big plans. Every January I start a cleanse, and get things ready for donations. I always have goals, so I don't do "resolutions".

All the very best to you. 11 is a very good number. xo

FrenchToast said...

A cleanse is a great idea! What kind of cleanse do you do this time of year? It's quite cold here, so I've been really craving heavy, warm dishes, but next week will be on the beach so might be a good time to detox!