Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Roger Ebert, I Love You

From his review of the film adaptation of the book "Eat, Pray, Love":  


"She shows moral fibre by leaving such a dreamboat for India, where her quest involves discipline in meditation, for which she allots three months rather than the recommended lifetime."
Hee hee! Laughs aside, I have read the book but not seen the movie, and although Roger's warned me against it, I'll probably watch it eventually. As meditation and yoga practice feature heavily in the story, what are your thoughts on the book/movie? 

1 comment:

zen muffin said...

little sister, i love you.

someday peeps will comment! lol. you want that so bad.

i liked the book at the time i read it. i needed it then. i don't remember it well now, interestingly. my respect for elizabeth gilbert was rekindled by this TED talk on creativity, having reached your peak, and tom waits: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html