Thursday, August 13, 2009

Savasana and Cuddling

I should have known better than to state how strong my practice was getting.  It changes too much.  Today I could barely do anything.  I kept changing my pace and approach because I didn't know what I wanted.  I thought maybe I could force myself into a fast vinyasa type sequence, but it was impossible today.  I got lightheaded then I kept yawning.  There's also a weird shoulder thing that takes lots of creativity to get to.  Ended up on floor a lot.  

Having the dog around makes me feel better about a lazy practice.  He watches me warily out of the corner of his eye while I do my more active practice but as soon as I get into savasana he trots over and lays next to me.  All he wants to do is either savasana or cuddle.  Preferably both at the same time.  So we did.  For him.  



Above: Benny checking on me before going into his savasana.



Above: Yoga first, then dinner!  Benny presses on alone long after I've returned to the physical realm.  

4 comments:

Yogurt said...

I can't stand how cute our dog is.

Yogurt said...

Also, I could really contribute to the baking portion of this blog. You should've told me sooner.

N.H. said...

I wish I could go into savasana like Benny!

Zen Muffin said...

i know, benny is the best at savasana. but don't be so modest, you know you are amazing at savasana too :)